Sunday 27 November 2016

Kylie Cosmetics Lip Kits | Experience & Products Review

Sunday 27 November 2016
https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-J3iKQ7MI03M/WDbUM_VMUAI/AAAAAAAAD6s/ZS2fH63K2HQPo6JatbEoJWAqxDGvN8FSwCLcB/s320/ALTTA%2B-%2BKylie%2BCosmetics%2BLip%2BKits%2B-%2B1.png
I caved. It happened. I'm sorry, credit card. Let me introduce you: Pumpkin and Maliboo by Kylie Cosmetics.


https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-Gck8dgZwR_Q/WDbUMwB6o7I/AAAAAAAAD6w/jwR3QYzH654twQ4Mr_HXdxkKsBNw1zXCQCLcB/s320/ALTTA%2B-%2BKylie%2BCosmetics%2BLip%2BKits%2B-%2B2.png
https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-UjX-Y9z2k70/WDbUMnDlQmI/AAAAAAAAD6o/TOAzyotGXaQ37702c4eYAGLyU4zzl8ZfgCLcB/s320/ALTTA%2B-%2BKylie%2BCosmetics%2BLip%2BKits%2B-%2B3.png
https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-pqGgPqSi8bs/WDbUNnpPrFI/AAAAAAAAD60/Y2vFk3_SxSMoAcMGF8m0rbAhFQoms-cpwCLcB/s320/ALTTA%2B-%2BKylie%2BCosmetics%2BLip%2BKits%2B-%2B4.png
I ordered my two lip kits on October 20, the day she was launching her Burgundy Palette and re-stocking the autumn collection (Pumpkin is part of this collection and it was sold out at the time, so I had to refresh the page like a mad that night in order to get it).
The lip kits are 29$ each (26€ ca.) and, as you probably know, in these kits, you get a matte liquid lipstick and a lip liner. The lip kits price is reasonable, since you get two items, but the annoying part is yet to come. I, of course, had to pay shipping (14,95$) and *drumroll* customs.
Anyway, soon after the chek out, I received my order confirmation e-mail and everything was fine.
My package left the warehouse on October 25 and I received an e-mail with the tracking code.
It took a really long time to arrive here in Italy: on November 7 my package arrived in Milan and it was held at customs for 9 days. 9 days. Needless to say I was freakin' out. 
After a long waiting, my beloved lip kits arrived on November 18 and I had to pay 17,12€ customs. Yay. 
I read several stories from people on the internet about what they've been through with this website (bad customer service, missing packages, empty boxes, etc.) but I know that there hasn't been any accident in a few months now and that's why I decided to dive in...
Keep in mind, that if you live outside the US, you won't see you package before two weeks. Overall, I had no problems and my lip kits didn't disappear.
https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-sk_Gcu_i5uk/WDbUOa1Ni1I/AAAAAAAAD64/yFoZ9ZUW2Ig9G4KDHPxthdcgiOsI4tpyACLcB/s320/ALTTA%2B-%2BKylie%2BCosmetics%2BLip%2BKits%2B-%2B5.png
https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-UnXYQA36LJE/WDbUOrBnN2I/AAAAAAAAD68/I_YMsoUgd-I-UaTEw_kcf2jNr_06gsbmQCLcB/s320/ALTTA%2B-%2BKylie%2BCosmetics%2BLip%2BKits%2B-%2B6.png
https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-MYMCeJCSk2g/WDbUO8KmVRI/AAAAAAAAD7A/2jxh3UmVwQIq36etVv2GG5xzhuUBtojqACLcB/s320/ALTTA%2B-%2BKylie%2BCosmetics%2BLip%2BKits%2B-%2B7.png
https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-Y4fxW-VWXxk/WDbUPSkhtxI/AAAAAAAAD7E/v7pc2SYqAY0CzCZi_snOScRFsCjEYPLygCLcB/s320/ALTTA%2B-%2BKylie%2BCosmetics%2BLip%2BKits%2B-%2B8.png
Now, onto the lip kits review. Maliboo, a light cool-tone nude, and Pumpkin, a dirty mid-tone orange. 
I thought they were really overhyped products because we all know who creates them. But, with pleasant surprise, I found out myself really loving them.
Lookin' at them in photos/videos I thought the packaging of the lipsticks looked pretty cheap. It gave me that cheap plastic vibe, if you know what I mean. But when I finally got them in my hands, I completely changed my mind! The tube is made of hard platic and doesn't feel cheap at all. 
The products themselves I think are pretty amazing: they glide on like a dream and they dry out pretty quickly. The pencils are creamy and you can easily sharpen them. 
I'd say that Maliboo dries out quicker than Pumpkin, and the lip pencil is darker than the lipstick. 
The lasting power is incredible: you can drink, eat, kiss, do whatever you want, and the lipstick won't move from your lips. It even took me awhile to take the swatches off from my hand. 
I would say that the only downside is the smell. They smell like strawberries, butter and vanilla but in a sickening way. If you like it then good for you, but if you don't, just hold your breath until you're done with the application. 

x

No comments:

Post a Comment

always listen to the art © 2014