Thursday 18 June 2015

Clarins True Radiance Foundation

Thursday 18 June 2015
https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-JiVbTJJbTmM/V96iHWz-neI/AAAAAAAADew/SGBCCQL910EaPGUZ8EaaSePlyycxlV-MgCEw/s320/always%2Blisten%2Bto%2Bthe%2Bart%2B-%2BClarins%2BTrue%2BRadiance%2BFoundation%2B0.png
The time has come: I finally bought a foundation that actually matches my skin tone. Not like the other three ones way too dark/light.
A couple of weeks ago, I started doing some research about foundations which give you luminosity to your skin and, at the same time, that last throughout the day (al least more than 5/6 hours)I decided not to consider any high-street foundation because, when we talk about the face and the products that we use, which stay a long period time in contact with the skin, investing that little bit more I think it's good (not for your wallet but whatever).

The three contenders were the NARS Sheer Glow, the YSL Touche Eclat and the True Radiance. The YSL foundation was the first one to be cut out, because I read A LOT of reviews saying that it slides off easily. With the Sheer Glow, instead, I was one step into buying it (on Sephora.it, because the one where I live doesn't sell NARS, ugh), but I changed my mind a few days before buying the True Radiance, because I said to myself: 'it took you one day of sun to get darker. Maybe you should buy one at the perfumery* and try out different shades'. And so I did! Congratulations to me. 
*It's kind of the drugstore

I got the shade 110 Honey and, in Italy, I think the only shades sold are these ones. Where I bought mine there was also the n. 110.5!
First thing: the packaging. Isn't it beautiful? Pinky gold packaging, I'm yours.
https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-7OW49ZUi73w/V96iLzBAp7I/AAAAAAAADe0/aSEl4ASHa7oV3eOfCrToOm-kFipGuOGvACEw/s320/always%2Blisten%2Bto%2Bthe%2Bart%2B-%2BClarins%2BTrue%2BRadiance%2BFoundation%2B1.png
https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-Z29BxYp2Wdk/V96iMLuynYI/AAAAAAAADe4/i1XekUN6iPQIstjjNfgMj8xLHwJh8QD7ACEw/s320/always%2Blisten%2Bto%2Bthe%2Bart%2B-%2BClarins%2BTrue%2BRadiance%2BFoundation%2B2.png
Clarins says that this foundation is their first one that "counteracts the main causes of dullness to restore a luminous, flawless complexion". It has moringa seed in it, which is a plant extract that is recognized for its ability to limit pollution particles settling on the skin. The luminosity is due to the "Radiance Booster" complex: pigments shaped to optimize the reflection of light. This is what, in essence, they promise.
The foundation does its job and, despite being a luminous foundation, there are no traces of glitter in it, as for the Rimmel Wake Me Up. I'm mentioning it because I find the two of them very similar, except for the glitter thing and the fact that the True Radiance doesn't occlude my pores.
https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-PROV5SPaico/V96iL1UFpfI/AAAAAAAADe8/4kphwiOwRCM1FbTqV9AH026jgEIssixZwCEw/s320/always%2Blisten%2Bto%2Bthe%2Bart%2B-%2BClarins%2BTrue%2BRadiance%2BFoundation%2B3.png
https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-OseKB3xwflM/V96iM7cFqQI/AAAAAAAADfA/7A6OgASRcFQ69XiiK85gPoC4E2BuOKjjACEw/s320/always%2Blisten%2Bto%2Bthe%2Bart%2B-%2BClarins%2BTrue%2BRadiance%2BFoundation%2B4.png
I love the fact that it's a light foundation: you can actually see my pores and there's no risk that the 'mask effect' happens. It's also really moisturizing and long lasting. 
Last Sunday I wore it from 10am 'til 7pm, with just a little retouch with a powder in the early afternoon. Despite the fact that is summer and people, like me, tend to sweat, it didn't slipped off. Except for the nose. 
The only negative thing I would say is that is fragranced. Once you apply it, everything's fine, you can't smell anything, but if your skin is very sensitive it may cause you breakouts. If you wonder, the fragrance is the same as the Rimmel Kate Moss lipsticks (matte ones).
Last but not least, they say that it is suitable for all skin types, but I do not agree: if you have really oily skin, just avoid it. Because it's really radiant.

No comments:

Post a Comment

always listen to the art © 2014