Sunday 11 January 2015

Face Your Fears.

Sunday 11 January 2015
12

It's easier to run away from things, right? I'm one of those people scared of everything, and believe me when I say that sucks. 
Yesterday evening, I hung out with my friends and I offered to drive. I'm not scared of driving - I've been driving for almost two years and I've found myself in many situations: snow, freakin' rain and sometimes mist. But I've never driven at night with a low mist that obscured EVERYTHING. I couldn't see at one meter from my car, it was insane. 
I was so scared and after a few minutes of driving, I wanted to go back home. It was too much for me, and I've never faced a thing like that. 
My best friend and another friend of mine were in the car with me (luckily) and I think they were more scared than I was - and they weren't even driving. 
Anyway, I kept going, I said to myself to calm down (and I'm the most anxious person in the world) and that I could do it. After 40 minutes, I made it: the three of us arrived alive at our destination. The return home was less traumatic and the mist was less intense. 

I've never felt so proud of myself as last night. I did something that thinking about it now I'm like 'how?'. I'm happy about the fact that I didn't go back, that I kept going.
Most of the time we think we can't do things, because we think they're too big for us and that they are impossible to do, but that is not true. They're not impossible, they're just not easy. 
My dad always says to me 'try, until you succeed'. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

always listen to the art © 2014