Saturday 10 January 2015

Let's Dispel Some Myths...

Saturday 10 January 2015
* We do not eat pizza or pasta everyday. I'm not a huge fan of pasta, but I love pizza. And I wish I could eat it everyday,  but I don't, otherwise I'd be... huge;
* Italy IS NOT Venice, Florence, Milan or Rome. Believe it or not, there are other cities. And no, Milan is not the capital of Italy. That role is up to Rome;
* Not everyone has Neapolitan accent. Unless you're from Naples, which is in Campania, which is in South Italy;
* We're not all pizza makers - and those who are, are not necessarily Neapolitans;
* I've never seen a mandolin in my life;
* This is something that personally makes me freak out, because I am a coffee lover: this is coffee and this is a cappuccino, which has milk and coffee. And froth at the top;
* I don't like how people lump everything together. I know what they say about Italians and it's kind of true. But just because one is an idiot, that doesn't mean that everyone is.

No comments:

Post a Comment

always listen to the art © 2014